This course explores invertebrate and vertebrate animals. Students use the science and engineering practices of the NGSS to understand the diversity of life. Students will learn about different characteristics, relationships, life processes, survival mechanisms, and economic importance among the organisms. Participation in dissection laboratory activities is mandatory.
- Summarize and classify different kinds of living species into the different animal groups.
- Research and examine the characteristics used to identify invertebrates
- Investigate and dissect invertebrates to understand their bodily functions.
- Research and examine the characteristics used to identify vertebrates.
- Investigate and dissect vertebrates to understand their bodily functions.
- Explore careers in working with animals.
Theory of Action
The goal of science education at EHS is to engage our students through student choice. Each course is designed to encourage scientific literacy and critical thinking through relevant topics and authentic experiences in the lab and classroom.