Drawing 1 - 2
Drawing 1 - 2
This course is designed to develop and broaden students’ creative thinking skills, understanding of and appreciation for the visual arts and culture, and increase proficiency in visual art techniques and processes. Students will explore different approaches to drawing while applying the elements and principles of design to develop skills using line, form, color, value, texture and composition. Art history, a variety of drawing media, and techniques will also be explored. Students will be expected to develop technical skills based in observational drawing, turn concepts into images, and apply critical analysis. Career opportunities are explored throughout the year, and students will build a digital portfolio online. This is a great class for beginners.
- Art Historical exploration
- Still-life, Portrait, & Creative Prompts
- Safety Training & Career Exploration
- Adobe Photoshop & Web Portfolio
- Exploration of digital, dry, & wet drawing Media
- Design Process based Project Learning:
- Researching, creating, presenting, collaborating, analyzing, critiquing, and refining
- Professional Practices in Preparing & Publicly Exhibiting Art
Theory of Action
The Fine Visual Arts department as a whole are committed to ensuring that all our students have authentic and in depth experiences with art media which will help them be successful inside the classroom, within the district, and the community. It is our ongoing mission to help students create, communicate, and collaborate as they engage the art learning environment. The department has found these actions will motivate students to have perceptions and be effective communicators in the arts.