Prerequisite: Ability to participate respectfully and maturely in class discussions and activities
Why do people do the things they do? Introduction to Psychology will give you the tools and knowledge to understand and change your own and others’ behavior, explore past and current explanations for human behavior and discover how the brain works and what can go wrong. Also, we learn how psychology works to improve people’s lives through techniques like therapy, hypnosis, psychopharmacology, and cognitive behavior therapy.
- Learn how your brain works and what can go wrong, and what you can do to maximize your brain
- Understand how people develop and change over time
- Discover how the environment around you influences your personality and mental health
- Participate in activities that demonstrate psychological principles
- See how psychology affects you and your life every day
Theory of Action
Enumclaw High School Social Studies Teachers are passionate about the wide-ranging subject matter that we teach. We believe History, Psychology, Civics, Contemporary Issues and the various interest-based classes we offer promote an informed citizenry ready to participate in the future of our country. The Social Studies Department is committed to developing authentic learning experiences in our various curricula designed to engage students through promoting a deeper understanding of the world around us.