Two prerequisite art classes: Drawing 1-2, Art & Design, Graphic Design, or Advanced Art; the 2nd class may be from other visual/tech Fine Arts classes outside of these.
This course is designed to teach an appreciation for the techniques, vocabulary, problem solving methods, and applications of design used in creating meaningful art, while preparing students to create a successful AP portfolio the next year. Students are expected to enter this class having basic drawing and technology skills.
- Contemporary Art exploration
- Still-life, Portraits, personal voice
- Safety Training & Career Exploration
- Use of Elements & Principles of Design
- Adobe Photoshop & Web Portfolio,
- Design Process based Project Learning:
- Researching, creating, presenting, collaborating, analyzing, critiquing, and refining
- Media exploration (painting, printmaking, collage, drawing, photo, etc.)
- Professional Practices in Preparing & Publicly Exhibiting Art
Theory of Action
The Fine Visual Arts department as a whole are committed to ensuring that all our students have authentic and in depth experiences with art media which will help them be successful inside the classroom, within the district, and the community. It is our ongoing mission to help students create, communicate, and collaborate as they engage the art learning environment. The department has found these actions will motivate students to have perceptions and be effective communicators in the arts.