The objective of this class is to understand and use the elements and principles of visual art as they apply to digital media. Students will work with real world commercial photography assignments. Digital cameras will be used in conjunction with Photoshop to enhance pictures and create interesting artistic images. Commercial photography assignments include taking portraits, product photography, advertising and brochure design. This course is designed to teach an appreciation for the techniques, vocabulary, problem solving methods, and applications of design used in creating meaningful art. *Students may only take this course once, but may continue work in the medium of digital art in Graphic Design, or digital art / photography in Art 3 or AP Art Studio.Course qualifies for Art, Occupational Education or Elective graduation requirements.
- History of Photography
- Still-life, Portrait, Landscape, Personal voice
- Safety Training & Career Exploration
- Adobe Photoshop & Web Portfolio
- Digital Art (Photo editing/manipulation)
- Digital Drawing
- DSLR settings
- Researching, creating, presenting, collaborating, analyzing, critiquing, and refining
- Composition techniques using Elements & Principles of Design
- Professional Practices in Preparing & Publicly Exhibiting Art
Theory of Action
The Fine Visual Arts department as a whole are committed to ensuring that all our students have authentic and in depth experiences with art media which will help them be successful inside the classroom, within the district, and the community. It is our ongoing mission to help students create, communicate, and collaborate as they engage the art learning environment. The department has found these actions will motivate students to have perceptions and be effective communicators in the arts.