Spanish 5 - 6
Spanish 5 - 6
Prerequisite: Spanish 3 - 4
Students will work to further increase Spanish skills in the five areas of language: Listening, speaking, reading, writing, and culture. Fundamentals are reviewed and advanced grammar and vocabulary is studied. Communication in Spanish is highly emphasized in this course and Spanish will be used frequently in class by both the teacher and the students. Students will also be required to prepare original compositions, dramatizations, and conversations. Further, due to the highly participatory nature of this course, both attendance and active class participation are essential to success. Cultural material is included through the use of films, reading selections, class discussions, projects, music and Hispanic/Latin American literature and art.
Through speaking, reading, writing, and listening in the target language we align our content with the ACFL 5c’s:
- Communication - Communicate in Languages Other Than English,
- Cultures - Gain Knowledge and Understanding of Other Cultures,
- Connections - Connect With Other Disciplines and Acquire Information,
- Comparisons - Develop Insight Into the Nature of Language and Culture,
- Communities - Participate in Multilingual Communities at Home and Around the World.
Theory of Action
As a World Language department, we are committed to ensuring that our students have authentic experiences with the language and culture which will help them be successful inside and outside of the classroom. It is our ongoing mission to create engaging learning environments that are intentionally planned to motivate students to become insightful thinkers and effective communicators.